- Avoiding line-ups
- Early admission to the Hermitage
- A Welcome gift included
Day 1 - a trip to Peterhof Park and Catherine Palace (Amber Room). Day 2 - a trip to Moscow by bullet train visiting Kremlin with Assumption, Annunciation and Archangelsky cathedrals, walk on the Red Square with outside views of Lenin's Mausoleum and St. Basil's Cathedral, inside Christ The Savior Church, comprehensive Moscow sightseeing tour by mini-van. Day 3 - St. Petersburg overview, visiting Metro and Spilled Blood Church, a guided tour of The Hermitage (Winter Palace), crowned with the Canal cruise.
The Moscow tour is strenuous and it requires a lot of walking (Red Square, The Kremlin grounds, metro) so you need to be fit to participate. Comfortable footwear is recommended for this trip. You can add a visit to the Armoury for an extra $40US/person.
There are 3 classes on the Sapsan fast train:
* Economy Class (2C) - meals not included (sandwiches and drinks are on sale).
* Business Class (1B) - meals included - upgrade for an extra $100US/person in each direction.
* 1 Class (1C) - meals included, comfortable leather seats - upgrade for an extra $170US/person in each direction.
Please let us know if you wish to upgrade your train ticket at the moment of booking. Also inform us about any dietary restrictions (vegetarian and child menu are available upon request).
Do you wish to reduce the costs? Then book a seat on our 'SMALL GROUP COMFY TOUR' for up to 10-12 people at a Flat Rate. We build groups ourselves. The tour will depart with any number of people. You can check out our Group Tours Calendar. If you are willing to take a private tour, click 'Book a Private Tour' button.
- DAY 1 ST. PETERSBURG
- 8:30* Meet your guide and tour coordinator, payment (the meeting time will be adjusted to the actual arrival time of your ship)
- 8:30-9:30 Introductory city tour
- 9:30-10:30 Transfer to Pushkin
- 10:30-12:00 Tour Catherine Palace with the Amber Room, walk in the park
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch time
- 13:00-14:00 Transfer to Peterhof
- 14:00-15:30 Tour Peterhof Fountain Park
- 15:30-16:15 Take hydrofoil to St. Petersburg
- 17:30 Onboard the ship
- DAY 2 MOSCOW
- 6:00 Meet your guide at the St. Petersburg cruise port terminal
- 6:15-6:45 Transfer to Moskovsky Vokzal Train Station, board Sapsan train to Moscow (possible to upgrade to Business or 1 Class where meals are included, see below)
- 11:00 Arrival at Leningradsky Vokzal Train Station in Moscow
- 11:15-13:30 Tour the Kremlin grounds visit inside the stunning Cathedral of Assumption, the Annunciation and Archangelsky cathedrals with a rich collection of old Russian frescoes and icons, view the giant bronze Tsar Bell on Ivan's Square, see outside Great Kremlin
- 13:30-14:00 Lunch time
- 14:00-15:00 Walk on the Red Square, approach Lenin's Mausoleum (outside), Alexandrovskiy Garden with the Unknown soldier tomb, view outside St. Basil's cathedral
- 15:00-19:00 Comprehensive Moscow sightseeing drive tour
- 19:00-19:30 By metro to Leningradsky Vokzal train station
- 19:45-23:40 Take Sapsan fast train to St Petersburg. (possible to upgrade to Business or 1 Class where meals are included, see below)
- 00:30 Onboard the cruise ship
- DAY 3 ST. PETERSBURG
- 9:00 Meet your guide
- 9:30 Early entry to the Hermitage.
- 9:30-11:30 Tour The Hermitage and Winter Palace
- 11:30-12:00 Visit Spilled Blood church
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch time (optionally Stolle pie restaurant)
- 13:00-14:30 Comprehensive city sighseeing tour
- 15:00-16:00 Canal cruise.
- 16:30 Onboard the ship
*Tour sequence may change depending on the day of the week, logistics, museum openining hours. Please note the visit to the Hermitage does not include the collection of impressionists and post-impressionists which moved to the new building of General Staff. You can request it additionally when booking a tour. The extra fee of $15US/person will apply. The visit takes 1 hour.
- Booking terms
Is Russian visa required on this tour?
No, Russian visa is not required. Guide-Guru, LLC. is the certified tour operator (MBT 010048 reference number in the Registry of Russian Tour Operators). There is a decree permitting visa-free stay in Russia for cruise passengers who take tours of the local authorized tour operators. Our tour ticket is your blanket visa.
Where do we meet our guide?
Major cruise ships dock at the St Petersburg Cruise Terminal 'Marine Facade'. Our guide and tour leader meet the groups inside the terminal in front of the passport control area. Smaller ships dock in the city center and the guide will be meeting you on the pier in front of the passport control area.
What time do we meet our guide?
The meeting time will be confirmed and mentioned in your tour tickets. The time shifts are possible to match your ship's docking time.
Can the tour be customized?
Yes, the tour is customizable.
What happens if the ship is delayed?
We will be informed of this circumstance and the guide will be waiting for you until you disembark. If the ship arrives in time and you do not show up, the waiting time will be maximum 1,5 hours. Please disembark according to the time specified on your tour ticket.
What if we miss the ship?
We do not plan distant afternoon trips on the day of your ship's departure. Our excursion programs are designed to make sure you stay close to your cruise ship on the sailing date. Our excursions normally bring you to the ship 1,5 hours before the ship's departure.
Can you give us some helpful tips while doing tours in Russia. Is it easier to bring Russian Ruble to buy snacks , or use restrooms or eat at restaurant while you are taking us on tours? Any suggestions for us to be aware of?
You can withdraw some cash rubles from any ATM in the city (there are many). Many stores and restaurants take bank cards (Visa, Mastercard). The guide will help you with money exchange on the day of the tour.
How to book:
- Send a tour booking and passport information.
- Receive our Confirmation and your tour ticket for visa-free disembarking.
No deposit or prepayment is required. Payment is made at the beginning of your tour.
- credit cards (Visa/Mastercard/Amex).
There is no cancellation fee. Please inform us as soon as possible if your plans change and you have to cancel your trip via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or 24-hour phone +7-812-903-28-81.
Child younger than 6 y.o. may travel with 1 parent free of charge. Schoolchildren, students and children over 6 y.o. receive a discounted rate. (Students must provide their international ISIC ID card to our Tour Coordinator upon payment to claim their discount. If they fail to do this, they will be charged the full adult price).
Did you know you can save a lot of cash by finding travel companions to join your tour? We can help you in finding tour mates by placing a message on our Online Boards and Facebook page. You can also find travel companions yourself via Cruisecritic.com Roll Calls where you can locate your cruise ship and posts for your trip.