- Kremlin visit
- St. Basil's cathedral
- Red Square
- Moscow Subway
- Spilled Blood Church
- The Hermitage (early)
- Catherine Palace
- Faberge Museum
- Canal cruise
'Moscow is the heart, and Saint Petersburg is the head' is a famous Russian saying.
Prepare for your trip of a lifetime! An unforgettable journey awaits you! You have a remarkable opportunity to contrast and compare 2 Russia's capitals: Moscow - with its the world-renowned Kremlin, the quintessential onion shaped domes of St Basil's Cathedral on the Red Square, ballroom-like subway stations, soaring towers of Moscow State University, and aristocratic St. Petersburg - with its scenic canals, jaw-dropping art galleries and lavish royal summer residences.
GET READY FOR 2022 SEASON!!! Take advantage of our special promo rates below. Valid for bookings until 31 December, 2021.
- DAY 1 ST. PETERSBURG
- 8:30* Meet your guide.
- 8:30-9:30 Introductory St. Petersburg tour.
- 9:30-10:30 Transfer to Pushkin.
- 10:30-12:00 Tour Catherine Palace, walk in the park. You can choose to skip the palace (always crowded in summer) and receive $20US discount (let us know upon booking): we will show you the Royal Carriages Museum and Catherine Park with lots of photo opportunities.
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch time.
- 13:00-14:00 Transfer to Peterhof.
- 14:00-15:30 Tour Peterhof Fountain Park.
- 15:30-16:15 Take hydrofoil to St. Petersburg.
- 17:00-18:00 A visit to Faberge Museum.
- 18:30 Back.
- DAY 2 MOSCOW
- 6:00 Meet your guide.
- 6:15-6:45 Transfer to Moskovsky Vokzal Train Station, board Sapsan train to Moscow (possible to upgrade to Business or 1 Class where meals are included, see below).
- 11:00 Arrival at Leningradsky Vokzal Train Station in Moscow.
- 11:15-13:30 Tour the Kremlin grounds visit inside the stunning Cathedral of Assumption, the Annunciation and Archangelsky cathedrals with a rich collection of old Russian frescoes and icons, view the giant bronze Tsar Bell on Ivan's Square, see outside Great Kremlin
- 13:30-14:00 Lunch time.
- 14:00-15:00 Visit St. Basil's Cathedral. Walk on the Red Square, approach Lenin's Mausoleum (outside), Alexandrovskiy Garden with the Unknown soldier tomb.
- 15:00-19:00 Comprehensive Moscow sightseeing drive tour.
- 19:00-19:30 Transfer to Leningradsky Vokzal train station.
- 19:45-23:40 Board Sapsan fast train to St Petersburg (possible to upgrade to Business or 1 Class where meals are included, see below).
- 00:30 Back.
- DAY 3 ST. PETERSBURG
- 9:00 Meet your guide.
- 9:30-10:00 Early admission to The Hermitage.
- 9:30-11:30 Tour The Hermitage and Winter Palace.
- 11:30-12:00 Visit Spilled Blood church.
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch time (local restaurant).
- 13:00-14:30 Comprehensive city sightseeing tour.
- 15:00-16:00 Canal cruise.
- 16:30 Back.
*Tour sequence may change depending on the day of the week, logistics, museum openining hours. Please note the visit to the Hermitage does not include the collection of impressionists and post-impressionists which moved to the new building of General Staff. You can request it additionally when booking a tour. The extra fee of 15EUR/person will apply (private tours only). The visit takes 1 hour.
The Moscow tour is strenuous and it requires a lot of walking (Red Square, The Kremlin grounds, metro) so you need to be fit to participate. Comfortable footwear is recommended for this trip.
There are 3 classes on the Sapsan fast train:
* Economy Class (2C) - meals not included (sandwiches and drinks are on sale).
* Business Class (1B) - meals included - upgrade for an extra 100EUR/person in each direction.
* 1 Class (1C) - meals included, comfortable leather seats - upgrade for an extra 170EUR/person in each direction.
Please let us know if you wish to upgrade your train ticket at the moment of booking. Also inform us about any dietary restrictions (vegetarian and child menu are available upon request).
- Booking terms
Is Russian visa required on this tour?
No, Russian visa is not required. Guide-Guru, LLC. is the certified tour operator (MBT 010048 reference number in the Registry of Russian Tour Operators). There is a decree permitting visa-free stay in Russia for cruise passengers who take tours of the local authorized tour operators. Our tour ticket is your blanket visa.
Where do we meet our guide?
Major cruise ships dock at the St Petersburg Cruise Terminal 'Marine Facade'. Our guide and tour leader meet the groups inside the terminal in front of the passport control area. Smaller ships dock in the city center and the guide will be meeting you on the pier in front of the passport control area.
What time do we meet our guide?
The meeting time will be confirmed and mentioned in your tour tickets. The time shifts are possible to match your ship's docking time.
Can the tour be customized?
Yes, the tour is customizable.
What happens if the ship is delayed?
We will be informed of this circumstance and the guide will be waiting for you until you disembark. If the ship arrives in time and you do not show up, the waiting time will be maximum 1,5 hours. Please disembark according to the time specified on your tour ticket.
What if we miss the ship?
We do not plan distant afternoon trips on the day of your ship's departure. Our excursion programs are designed to make sure you stay close to your cruise ship on the sailing date. Our excursions normally bring you to the ship 1,5 hours before the ship's departure.
Can you give us some helpful tips while doing tours in Russia. Is it easier to bring Russian Ruble to buy snacks , or use restrooms or eat at restaurant while you are taking us on tours? Any suggestions for us to be aware of?
You can withdraw some cash rubles from any ATM in the city (there are many). Many stores and restaurants take bank cards (Visa, Mastercard). The guide will help you with money exchange on the day of the tour.
How to book:
- Send a tour booking and passport information (for cruise visitors).
- Receive our Confirmation, payment link and your tour ticket for visa-free disembarkation (cruise visitors).
Cruise visitors to St. Petersburg - 0% prepayment.
Non-cruise visitors to St. Petersburg - 50% prepayment.
Moscow tours (all visitors) - $200US/person prepayment.
The balance payment is made at the beginning of your tour.
European tours - 50% prepayment (if booked with Russia) or 100% (if only Europe).
Theatre tickets - 100% prepayment.
- Credit cards for prepayment - Visa/Mastercard/Amex/Diners/Discover/JCB/Unionpay
- Credit cards for payment in St. Petersburg - Visa/Mastercard/Amex.
St. Petersburg tours: < 24 hours or no-show - NO refund.
Moscow / European tours: < 7 days - NO refund.
Air/train tickets - NO refund.
Theatre tickets (once purchased) - NO refund.
Ship's non-call in St. Petersburg port - 100% refund.
Please inform us as early as possible if you have to cancel your trip via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or 24-hour phone/Whatsapp +7-921-903-28-81.
Child younger than 6 y.o. may travel with 1 parent free of charge. Schoolchildren, students and children over 6 y.o. receive a discounted rate. (Students must provide their international ISIC ID card to our Tour Coordinator upon payment to claim their discount. If they fail to do this, they will be charged the full adult price).
Did you know you can save a lot of cash by finding travel companions to join your tour? You are welcome to find tour mates by placing a message on Cruisecritic/Tripadvisor boards.