- More affordable
- More flexible
- Customer oriented
- On-time return
- A Welcome gift included
Day 1 - a trip to Moscow visiting Kremlin with Assumption, Annunciation and Archangelsky cathedrals, walk on the Red Square with outside views of Lenin's Mausoleum and St. Basil's Cathedral, comprehensive Moscow sightseeing tour by mini-van. Day 2 - St. Petersburg overview, visiting Metro, Kazan Cathedral, a trip to Catherine Palace (Amber Room), a guided tour of The Hermitage (Winter Palace).
The Moscow tour is strenuous and it requires a lot of walking (Red Square, The Kremlin grounds, metro) so you need to be fit to participate. Comfortable footwear is recommended for this trip. You can add a visit the Armoury with the Diamond Fund for an extra cost upon request. You need to request it at the moment of tour booking.
There are 3 classes on the Sapsan fast train:
* Economy Class (2C) - meals not included (sandwiches and drinks are on sale).
* Business Class (1B) - meals included - upgrade for an extra $100US/person in each direction.
* 1 Class (1C) - meals included, comfortable leather seats - upgrade for an extra $170US/person in each direction.
Please let us know if you wish to upgrade your train ticket at the moment of booking. Also inform us about any dietary restrictions (vegetarian and child menu are available upon request).
- DAY 1 MOSCOW
- 7:30-8:00 Meet the guide at the St. Petersburg cruise port terminal, payment
- 8:00-9:00 Transfer to Pulkovo I Airport, check-in
- 10:40-11:55 Flight to Moscow, arrive at Sheremetyevo Airport
- 12:30-13:10 Transfer to Moscow city center by Aeroexpress
- 13:50-14:40 Lunch time
- 15:00-16:00 Tour the Kremlin grounds, visit inside the stunning Cathedral of Assumption, the Annunciation and Archangelsky cathedrals with a rich collection of old Russian frescoes and icons, view the giant bronze Tsar Bell on Ivan's Square, see outside Great Kremlin
- 16:00-17:00 Walk on the Red Square, approach Lenin's Mausoleum (outside), Alexandrovskiy Garden with the Unknown soldier tomb
- 17:00-19:00 Comprehensive Moscow sightseeing drive tour
- 19:00-19:30 By metro to Leningradsky Vokzal train station
- 19:45-23:25 Take Sapsan fast train to St Petersburg. (There is a restaurant car on the train you can have hot dinner)
- 00:00 Onboard the cruise ship
- DAY 2 ST. PETERSBURG
- 8:00 Meet your guide
- 8:00-9:30 City sightseeing tour, visit Kazan cathedral (optional)
- 9:30-10:30 Transfer to Pushkin town
- 10:30-12:00 You will tour the grand baroque Catherine Palace with its endless Golden Gallery of rooms: Great Hall of Mirrors, Picture Hall, Gala Dining Hall, Marble Staircase, the legendary Amber Room etc. Your tour continues with splendid Catherine Park
- 12:00-12:30 Lunch time
- 12:30-13:30 Transfer to St. Petersburg
- 14:30-16:30 Tour The Hermitage and Winter Palace
- 17:00 Onboard the ship
*Tour sequence may change depending on the day of the week, logistics, museum openining hours. Please note the visit to the Hermitage does not include the collection of impressionists and post-impressionists which moved to the new building of General Staff. You can request it additionally when booking a tour. The extra fee of $15US/person will apply. The visit takes 1 hour.
- Booking terms
I learned a lot and had a very memorable experience of the sights, the scenes, and the history of these 2 cities. The 3 drivers were excellent but I don't remember their names. Natalia was very patience also to my many questions during the booking process. The price was certainly lower than other competitors' especially for a private tour. Thanks all at Guide Guru. You exceeded my expectations.
Is Russian visa required on this tour?
No, Russian visa is not required. Guide-Guru, LLC. is the certified tour operator (MBT 010048 reference number in the Registry of Russian Tour Operators). There is a decree permitting visa-free stay in Russia for cruise passengers who take tours of the local authorized tour operators. Our tour ticket is your blanket visa.
Where do we meet our guide?
Major cruise ships dock at the St Petersburg Cruise Terminal 'Marine Facade'. Our guide and tour leader meet the groups inside the terminal in front of the passport control area. Smaller ships dock in the city center and the guide will be meeting you on the pier in front of the passport control area.
What time do we meet our guide?
The meeting time will be confirmed and mentioned in your tour tickets. The time shifts are possible to match your ship's docking time.
Can the tour be customized?
Yes, the tour is customizable.
What happens if the ship is delayed?
We will be informed of this circumstance and the guide will be waiting for you until you disembark. If the ship arrives in time and you do not show up, the waiting time will be maximum 1,5 hours. Please disembark according to the time specified on your tour ticket.
What if we miss the ship?
We do not plan distant afternoon trips on the day of your ship's departure. Our excursion programs are designed to make sure you stay close to your cruise ship on the sailing date. Our excursions normally bring you to the ship 1,5 hours before the ship's departure.
Can you give us some helpful tips while doing tours in Russia. Is it easier to bring Russian Ruble to buy snacks , or use restrooms or eat at restaurant while you are taking us on tours? Any suggestions for us to be aware of?
You can withdraw some cash rubles from any ATM in the city (there are many). Many stores and restaurants take bank cards (Visa, Mastercard). The guide will help you with money exchange on the day of the tour.
How to book:
- Send a tour booking and passport information.
- Receive our Confirmation and your tour ticket for visa-free disembarking.
No deposit or prepayment is required. Payment is made at the beginning of your tour.
- credit cards (Visa/Mastercard/Amex).
There is no cancellation fee. Please inform us as soon as possible if your plans change and you have to cancel your trip via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or 24-hour phone +7-812-903-28-81.
Child younger than 6 y.o. may travel with 1 parent free of charge. Schoolchildren, students and children over 6 y.o. receive a discounted rate. (Students must provide their international ISIC ID card to our Tour Coordinator upon payment to claim their discount. If they fail to do this, they will be charged the full adult price).
Did you know you can save a lot of cash by finding travel companions to join your tour? We can help you in finding tour mates by placing a message on our Online Boards and Facebook page. You can also find travel companions yourself via Cruisecritic.com Roll Calls where you can locate your cruise ship and posts for your trip.