- Smaller groups, more comfort
- Welcome gift
- DAY 1
- 8:30 meet your guide and tour coordinator, payment
- 8:30-9:30 introductory city tour, feauturing St. Isaac's Square, Senate Square with Bronze Horseman Statue, drive by Field of Mars with memorial to revolutionaries, battleship Cruiser Aurora that signalled the start of Bolshevik Revolution
- 9:45-11:30 visit Peter Paul Fortress with cathedral, the birthplace of St. Petersburg, the burial place of Romanov royal family (including the last Romanovs), visit the former Political Prison
- 11:30-13:30 excursion in The Hermitage (VIP entrance), explore the rooms of the Winter Palace (formerly, the seat of the Provisional Government after Nickolas II's abdication), learn about the storm of the Winter Palace by Bolsheviks in 1917 and Premier A. Kerensky's
- 13:30-14:30 lunch at Russian cuisine restaurant (optional)
- 15:00-15:30 visit Spilled Blood Church
- 16:00-17:00 excursion in Smolny Palace, which was chosen by Vladimir Lenin as Bolshevik headquarters during the October Revolution. It was Lenin's residence for several months, until the national government was moved to the Moscow Kremlin in March 1918
- 18:00 back onboard the ship
- DAY 2
- 8:00 meet at the ship, city drive tour continuation, visit metro enroute to Pushkin town
- 9:30-10:30 transfer to Pushkin town, stop by Leningrad Siege Memorial in Pobedy Square. Drive by Alexander Palace (where the family of the last Russian Tsar Nickolas II stayed under house arrest after his abdication in February, 1917)
- 10:30-12:00 tour the former summer residence of the Russian royalty Catherine Palace with the Amber Room, walk in the park
- 12:00-13:00 lunch time
- 13:00-14:00 transfer to St. Petersburg
- 14:00-15:00 Visit Political History Museum, in the mansion of prima-ballerina Mathilda Kshesinskaya, view the Cold War and Soviet era exhibition
- 15:30-16:30 visit the Apartment-museum of Sergey Kirov, a close friend of Joseph Stalin and the leader of Leningrad Communist Party until 1934. You will have a unique opportunity to view the beautiful Soviet style apartment for the Bolshevik elite and feel the atmosp
- 17:00 back onboard the ship
- Booking terms
Is Russian visa required on this tour?
No, Russian visa is not required. Guide-Guru, LLC. is the certified tour operator (MBT 010048 reference number in the Registry of Russian Tour Operators). There is a decree permitting visa-free stay in Russia for cruise passengers who take tours of the local authorized tour operators. Our tour ticket is your blanket visa.
Where do we meet our guide?
Major cruise ships dock at the St Petersburg Cruise Terminal 'Marine Facade'. Our guide and tour leader meet the groups inside the terminal in front of the passport control area. Smaller ships dock in the city center and the guide will be meeting you on the pier in front of the passport control area.
What time do we meet our guide?
The meeting time will be confirmed and mentioned in your tour tickets. The time shifts are possible to match your ship's docking time.
Can the tour be customized?
Yes, the tour is customizable.
What happens if the ship is delayed?
We will be informed of this circumstance and the guide will be waiting for you until you disembark. If the ship arrives in time and you do not show up, the waiting time will be maximum 1,5 hours. Please disembark according to the time specified on your tour ticket.
What if we miss the ship?
We do not plan distant afternoon trips on the day of your ship's departure. Our excursion programs are designed to make sure you stay close to your cruise ship on the sailing date. Our excursions normally bring you to the ship 1,5 hours before the ship's departure.
Can you give us some helpful tips while doing tours in Russia. Is it easier to bring Russian Ruble to buy snacks , or use restrooms or eat at restaurant while you are taking us on tours? Any suggestions for us to be aware of?
You can withdraw some cash rubles from any ATM in the city (there are many). Many stores and restaurants take bank cards (Visa, Mastercard). The guide will help you with money exchange on the day of the tour.
How to book:
- Send a tour booking and passport information (for cruise visitors).
- Receive our Confirmation, payment link and your tour ticket for visa-free disembarkation (cruise visitors).
Cruise visitors to St. Petersburg - 0% prepayment.
Non-cruise visitors to St. Petersburg - 50% prepayment.
Moscow tours (all visitors) - $200US/person prepayment.
The balance payment is made at the beginning of your tour.
European tours - 50% prepayment (if booked with Russia) or 100% (if only Europe).
Theatre tickets - 100% prepayment.
- Credit cards for prepayment - Visa/Mastercard/Amex/Diners/Discover/JCB/Unionpay
- Credit cards for payment in St. Petersburg - Visa/Mastercard/Amex.
St. Petersburg tours: < 24 hours or no-show - NO refund.
Moscow / European tours: < 7 days - NO refund.
Air/train tickets - NO refund.
Theatre tickets (once purchased) - NO refund.
Ship's non-call in St. Petersburg port - 100% refund.
Please inform us as early as possible if you have to cancel your trip via e-mail email@example.com or 24-hour phone/Whatsapp +7-921-903-28-81.
Child younger than 6 y.o. may travel with 1 parent free of charge. Schoolchildren, students and children over 6 y.o. receive a discounted rate. (Students must provide their international ISIC ID card to our Tour Coordinator upon payment to claim their discount. If they fail to do this, they will be charged the full adult price).
Did you know you can save a lot of cash by finding travel companions to join your tour? You are welcome to find tour mates by placing a message on Cruisecritic/Tripadvisor boards.